Air Duct Cleaning
Why is keeping the air quality clean in your home so important? Keeping your air ducts clean will help reduce allergies, asthma, and other illnesses due contaminated indoor air. Having your air ducts cleaned is one of the best ways to keep air quality clean in your home and will also help keep you and your family healthy.
Indoor air quality can be more polluted than outdoor air according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The collection of pollen, dust, pet dander, and other airborne contaminants cause indoor air pollution and can lead to allergies and other symptoms due to contaminated air. Immediate and long-term health problems can be developed because of polluted indoor air. Since we spend a large portion of our time indoors, maintaining clean indoor air quality will help protect your health and keep you safe from ingesting airborne contaminants.
Trust ServiceMaster Restoration by RSI for expert air duct cleaning service in Oklahoma City and the surrounding areas.
Do you have an Indoor Air Pollution problem?
- Do you have an air circulating system that utilizes a standard fiberglass filter?
- Do you have pets?
- Are there smokers in the house?
- Does anyone in our house suffer from allergies, asthma, or other respiratory problems?
- Do you regularly clean excessive dust accumulations from your household furniture?
- Do you experience headaches nausea, burning sensations in the nose, throat, or eyes when inside the home?
- Do you have dust trails or discoloring coming out of your air duct registers?
- When you last changed your furnace filter, did you see dust and dirt inside the filter housing?
If you answer “yes” to any of these questions, you may have Indoor Air Pollution.
Consider having your ducts cleaned if you have:
- Lived in your home for more than 10 years and have never had the ducts cleaned
- A newly constructed home.
- An existing house that has been remodeled or was under construction
- Purchased a home and don’t know if the ducts have ever been cleaned
What to Expect From an Air Duct Cleaning Service Provider
If you choose to have your ducts cleaned, ServiceMaster Cleaning and Restoration will:
- Open access ports or doors to allow the entire system to be cleaned and inspected.
- Use vacuum equipment that exhausts particles outside the home, or we may use High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) vacuuming equipment if the vacuum exhausts inside the home.
- Protect carpet and household furnishings during cleaning.
- Use well-controlled brushing of duct surfaces in conjunction with contact vacuum cleaning to dislodge dust and other particles.
- Use only soft-bristled brushes for fiberglass duct board and sheet metal ducts internally lined with fiberglass. Flex duct can also be cleaned using soft-bristled brushes or an air whip connected to an air compressor.
- Remove, clean, and reinstall all registers and vents.
- Take care to protect the duct work, including sealing and re-insulating any access holes the service provider may have made or used so they are airtight.
Did you know?
- Dirty, restricted air ducts drastically increase utility costs.
- ServiceMaster Cleaning and Restoration technicians are trained to clean all types of duct work, even ‘flex duct’ and fiber-board ducts.